Saturday, August 27, 2005

Pennsic Stories Year II

Alright then Pensic stories... well I’d have to say that Pensic (for me this time) was like Beltane plus Groundhog day. I met and hung out with an artist who’d made and brought along a large ceramic Buddha. He and I got along famously and intend to keep in touch. We’re planing to go as Satyrs to at least one party next year. I saw lots of pretty women some solid fighting and a myriad of merchandise some cool some cheesy but all amusing enough for one gander or another. I got a button that says “Blood is thicker than Water, Adjust your recipes accordingly” courtesies of the wife of a friend (who thinks I’m nice but way out of control a lot of the time... who knows maybe she’s right). I met a nice merchant girl and catted about fantasy novels for a while, she’s just off to school to be a lit major and has said she’s going to write me so apparently I have a new pen pal. Several actually as George (the artist) and I both made friends with the pseudo little sister of our (mutual) friend Ian and she might write as well... we’ll see tho, I’m not holding my breath, you know how these things go. I spent a goodly time hanging out with a guy who makes some absolutely wonderful mead and who’s going to teach me a thing or two so maybe I can start brewing such myself, that would be wicked cool and I’m stoked to get the info later when I get back in touch with him. I learned a bit a bout drumming and in theory here will be receiving a good twenty to thirty pages of lessons on drumming from a Journeyman drummer I know out there. I had wickedly vast amounts to drink but it was all free and it was (mostly) all very good, 102 year hold Haitian rum being on the high end of the scale along with things like Chocolate Covered Strawberry Mead. All the way down to some everclear punch which didn’t taste that strong but after a couple of tankards made sure you knew it was hanging out for a while *lol*
As of roughly the middle of the week George and I were hanging out with three ladies we’d met there and our evenings consisted mostly of watching them go wild across all sorts of gatherings (many camps have parties so party hopping is practical a sport there) and dance (two of the three did some verity of middle-eastern dancing) and then half carrying them home to their tents pouring them into bed and then shambling back to my own to catch a few z’s before the sun par boiled me into consciousness yet again. It was good times and I’m glad I got to go, crazy bonfires in the woods under the full moon are wicked cool :D
oh and I got to hang out again with some new friends I’d made from last year.
Debauchery, quips, puns, taunts, teases, and stories of years gone by were shared by all. Jokes songs music (all live) and comic acts were prevalent as well. And I got to meet a man who’s an honest to go ninja. He’s been a backwoodsmen, a spec-ops trooper, learned two whole styles of illusion and magic, is wicked good at reading people, knows how to tell stories like nobody’s business and happens to be a good pal of a friend o’ mine, a big black Scotsman, no really I’m being totally serious as odd as a black scot may seem. It was wonderful to hang out with him, I think I’d have to admit to even being a little in awe of the guy he’s just so multi-talented and I got to see him employ a sampling of them. Oh and I wandered around the whole time in a Kimono and War-skirt, and sometimes Gatia being all Samurai-ish. Well that covers my stories at least from a global perspective if you want more descriptions of any given area just inquire within :P and I’ll be happy to elaborate.

Sol

3 comments:

F.G. Shaw said...

well sol, you haven't called me yet to tell me the tale in detail. give me a call this week sometime, i'll be around most evenings after five. i'm eager to hear any new knowledge you may have to impart.

Sol said...

sounds like a plan Frank my man, I'll be in touch

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, in some moments I can say that I agree with you, but you may be making allowance for other options.
to the article there is still a suspect as you did in the go over like a lead balloon a fall in love with publication of this request www.google.com/ie?as_q=photowatermark professional 7.0.5.0 ?
I noticed the axiom you suffer with not used. Or you profit by the pitch-dark methods of development of the resource. I have a week and do necheg